rules/regs are for video cameras

For all things Sprinting & Hillclimbs

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law

Fliprio

rules/regs are for video cameras

Post by Fliprio » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Can anyone tell me what the rules/regs are for video cameras? I have previously run a Go-pro inside the car, which due to the short focal length of the go-pro doesn't give as a good as results that you would get from mounting it on the outside of the car.

I have a nice location in the fog light aperture where the mount can be bolted to the bodywork and the camera tethered by a additional cord so if the mount where to snap the cord stops it going flying.

Cheers, Dan

cartledge_uk

Re: rules/regs are for video cameras

Post by cartledge_uk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Fliprio wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules/regs are for video cameras? I have previously run a Go-pro inside the car, which due to the short focal length of the go-pro doesn't give as a good as results that you would get from mounting it on the outside of the car.

I have a nice location in the fog light aperture where the mount can be bolted to the bodywork and the camera tethered by a additional cord so if the mount where to snap the cord stops it going flying.

Cheers, Dan
This should be fine. :mrgreen:

Double secured (bolted and tethered) is whats required.

Fliprio

Post by Fliprio » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Cheers, it's well and truly on there, but I know some people just don't like them on the outside of the car, I suppose it's no different to a car without an enclosed cockpit

Dopdog

Post by Dopdog » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm

I have seen them with just the suction mount on the outside so I would say put it where you want it.