Tempest Stages

Marshals play a critical part in motorsport, without them all motorsport events would not take place

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Avalarf

dw

Tempest Stages

Post by dw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:33 pm

On behalf of Brett, myself and all at Farnborough District Motor Club, can I pass on an enormous thank you for coming out to marshal on the Warren Heath stage on Saturday. Although the weather was not the best for standing about in all day, you stuck to your posts and helped keep both the competitors and the few brave spectators safe. In the end there were 75 of you in stage keeping an eye on things.If I have missed anyone out that was in your group, please pass on our thanks to them. They either did not give us an e-mail address, or I could not read it! Hopefully you will have all managed to dry yourselves out by now and knocked the mud off everything else.

Also thanks go to those of you who came out on friday to help set-up the stage. Without you, things would have been a lot more difficult. Also, thanks to everyone who helped the clear up by breaking down your junctions. It made a big difference to when we oft the stage at the end of the day, but in the end we finished at around 9pm.

I must apologise that neither Brett or I managed to sign any of the offered marshals record cards. Each time we came round the stage, we seemed to have something else to concentrate on before the next stage. If you want to fill in the necessary details on the card and send them to us, we will do the necessary. For those of you who expressed an interest in becoming an MSA accredited marshal, we can send you a copy of the form. Also, if on reading the copy of the FDMC magazine that went into every pack, you decided you might like to join up to become part of one of the busiest clubs in this part of the world, please fill in one of the membership forms and return it to me. We will then take care of the rest.

I have tried attaching the results of both the events here, but I am not certain that the web-site was working correctly. If they don't open correctly, you can always go to www.tempestrally.com and try for them there.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Steve Castle.