Joining Instructions

Please read for instructions on how to join the forum as a member

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law

Carl S
Site Admin

Joining Instructions

Post by Carl S » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:38 pm

If you wish to join this FDMC Motorsport Forum please send the following details to: EDITr.aldcroft (at) sky.com (remove the spaces, brackets and replace the at with @)

- Requested Username
- Email address
- A brief reason as to why you want to join the forum (this is to ensure you're not an automated system!)
Last edited by Rich on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing Carls email address so I get the mails not Carl

Rich

Re: Joining Instructions

Post by Rich » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:15 pm

As Carl is really busy at the moment, can you send emails to r.aldcroft (at) sky.com

Please replace the (at) with @ and remove the spaces. This is to reduce the amount of spam I get for posting my email address on the internet!

You might not get a response between the 24th of Feb 2009 and the end of that week, so between those times please email Carl, but other than that send them to me.

Cheers

Rich

Rich

Post by Rich » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi new guys.

I have implemented an approval system for the first three posts so that hopefully we can reduce (to zero) the number of dodgy posts we have.

For new users, I'm sorry about this, but we have had some issues with dodgy users that we have to cut out.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rich

Rich

Post by Rich » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 pm

If you aren't seeing your posts and you haven't posted before then emails me and I will approve the posts.

Unfortunately due to the large number of spam posts we have I have had to get all new users' posts approved.

Please be patient with me, I am not online all the time.

Cheers

Rich

Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 am

We have had a massive amount of spam over the last few weeks that takes me so much time to deal with, so I have had to re-instigate the moderator only registration.

Please send me an email to register your interest in joining the forum and I will register - you don't need to write an essay, I just need to be sure you aren't a spam bot.

Thanks

Rich

cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am

Rich wrote:We have had a massive amount of spam over the last few weeks that takes me so much time to deal with, so I have had to re-instigate the moderator only registration.

Please send me an email to register your interest in joining the forum and I will register - you don't need to write an essay, I just need to be sure you aren't a spam bot.

Thanks

Rich

All forums have been hit hard by the spambots in recent months, manual approval is the best way currently [+]

Carl S
Site Admin

Post by Carl S » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm

I've disabled new user registration at the moment as I've deleted over 150 spam users in the last few days. I will talk to Richard in the next week or so to see how we can reopen new user registration without the spam.

Carl
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

Post by Paul Prescott » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:03 pm

We believe that new registrations are currently still being processed manually. So if you are new to this forum, your registration will go through, although maybe not as quickly as an automated process.
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"

Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Registrations still need to be sent to my email address as above. Please follow the instructions:

1. Send an email to r.aldcroft at sky . com
2. Include your email address, desired user name and very brief reason to join the forum. It might take a short while to process the registration.
3. The first post will require moderators approval, so you won't see it straight away. Don't panic!
4. Post responsibility.

Thanks

Rich.