AVON TYRES

The place to discuss all non-motorsport related topics

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law

strikerman

AVON TYRES

Post by strikerman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 pm

My Toyo 888SB's are now officially trashed and very scary in damp conditions and I need to get competitive again for next year. Therefore I am seriously considering a set of Avon ZZX in 185/70-13 size. Is there anywhere around the Basingstoke/Farnborough/Guildford area that sells these, Bridge tyres in Taunton is too far and I don't want to buy on-line and then negotiate fitment - all too much hassle. Failing that another set of Toyos. Has anybody got any views on the Kumho equivalents?

Wee Beastie

Re: AVON TYRES

Post by Wee Beastie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm guessing you've tried Michedever Tyres. Another suggestion is Guildford Tyres :)

strikerman

Post by strikerman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Bad news regarding Toyo 888 soft compound tyres in 13" diameter, they are not available at stockists or from Toyo for the remainder of this year - I cannot find out why. Therefore I will be out on the hills this year with Yokohama A048 softs which I obtained from Abbot&Page in High Wycombe who are the appointed stockists for both Toyo and Yokohama. The prices were very competitive and Guildofrod tyres could not match the price.

:wink:

cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk » Mon May 05, 2014 7:10 am

I buy my avons from BMTR http://www.birminghammotortyre.co.uk/

Then get a local company to fit