A Dash of Colour for Maurice

The place to discuss all non-motorsport related topics

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

A Dash of Colour for Maurice

Post by Paul Prescott » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Could you run 5k for Maurice May?

Well, actually you don't have to run the 5k, you could jog or just walk it in memory of Maurice May (and anyone else you want to remember).

Dash of Colour is a Fun Run with a difference - a chance to take part in a unique experience to inspire, remember or simply have fun! Whether you walk, run or jog the 5k route, at each kilometre mark you will be showered in multi-coloured powder paint, to celebrate the work of Phyllis Tuckwell and the colour it brings to so many of their patients and their families.

The event is on Saturday 5th September at 12 noon in Frimley Lodge Park.
The entry fee is £18.
To register, visit http://www.pth.org.uk/events/dash-of-colour/ or call 01252 729446. You can even pay by PayPal, just like you do for our Solos or Sprints, when you register on-line.

It would be great to have a team from FDMC taking part in memory of Maurice, and raising much needed funding for the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care charity that looked after Maurice so well. Last year's event raised £41,500!
I have already registered; please let me know if you are going to join me. If you don't feel that you can make it round 5k, why not come along to support the team, take some photos or even volunteer to help marshal on the day (call 01252 729466 before hand).
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

Re: A Dash of Colour for Maurice

Post by Paul Prescott » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:38 am

Well, we had a lovely time, and just managed to keep breathing! :)
Many thanks to those who donated to Phyllis Tuckwell for my run. It was my 2nd 5k of the day, and I managed to get round in 29 minutes.
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"