Tempest 2015 Event Report

For all things Rally

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Avalarf

STGTA
Chairman

Tempest 2015 Event Report

Post by STGTA » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Tempest is the only Multi-Venue Gravel Rally in the south of England.

FDMC has been key in organising it over the years and running the famous Warren Heath Stages in Bramshill. Warren is iconically a true forest stage, the cars race along gravel tracks, ditches either side, through big puddles, over little bridges, and close to lots of pine trees.

This year the stage was named in memory of Maurice May who sadly passed away in May this year. Maurice was a very keen supporter of this Rally and always involved in promoting it, driving it and getting others involved. I suspect that most of the FDMC crews involved last weekend got involved in Rallying because of Maurice and his infectious enthusiasm.

The Rally is run over 5 venues; Rushmoor, Pavillion, Ash Ranges, Warren Heath and Longmoor and the drivers get to race on each stage twice as well as travel between each stage on the public highway.

FDMC had 10 crews out Rallying for the day, helped by their support crews and many other club members who braved a bit of ran to come out and marshal or officiate. Without marshals and these volunteers Rallying would not happen so it is your tremendous efforts that need to be praised.

- Neville Hudd and Neil Harrison were the first FDMC crew home being 8th overall from nearly 70 starters.
- Adam Quinn and Simon Taylor took a 3rd in class and 23rd overall, This was Adams first time out in his new Rover MG ZR and first Gravel rally.
- Bill Stewart and Caroline Brampton 28th Overall
- Brian "Mad Kiwi" Stevens and Derek Adams come 29th Overall in Brian's freshly built BMW.
- Adrian May and Simon May, were doing it for Dad, had a great time but plagued by some electrical failures (again, but different ones) came in 32nd
- Matt Rowland and Paul Sheehan (AKA Beaker and Paddy) finished 39th. It was Matts very first rally.
- Jim Morris and Roger Lane came home 40th and first in Class 4.
- Mike East and Roger Davidson suffered terminal electrical problems.
- Mike Hall and Chris Moore suffered oil starvation.
- Chris Surman and Andy Crittle lost some suspension
- While Dave Dockree who was co-driving in a Citroen C2 was victim to a driver with too much enthusiasm and ripped the front off the car.

Click here for :
RESULTS by TCS
&
PHOTOS By Alan Marshall from Aldershot-Fleet-Farnborough Camera Club It was Alan's first time shooting cars and he had a great time too.
FREE Download, so many thanks to Alan for supporting us and he says sorry for the cars he missed......you were going too fast.
Last edited by STGTA on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simon Taylor - 07966 826 706
Chairman
simontaylor@FDMC.org.uk

dw

Re: Tempest 2015 Event Report

Post by dw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Some very nice photos by Alan Marshal.

dw

Re: Tempest 2015 Event Report

Post by dw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:32 pm

On behalf of Brett, myself and all at Farnborough District Motor Club, can I pass on an enormous thank you for coming out to marshal on the Warren Heath stage on Saturday. Although the weather was not the best for standing about in all day, you stuck to your posts and helped keep both the competitors and the few brave spectators safe. In the end there were 75 of you in stage keeping an eye on things.If I have missed anyone out that was in your group, please pass on our thanks to them. They either did not give us an e-mail address, or I could not read it! Hopefully you will have all managed to dry yourselves out by now and knocked the mud off everything else.

Also thanks go to those of you who came out on friday to help set-up the stage. Without you, things would have been a lot more difficult. Also, thanks to everyone who helped the clear up by breaking down your junctions. It made a big difference to when we oft the stage at the end of the day, but in the end we finished at around 9pm.

I must apologise that neither Brett or I managed to sign any of the offered marshals record cards. Each time we came round the stage, we seemed to have something else to concentrate on before the next stage. If you want to fill in the necessary details on the card and send them to us, we will do the necessary. For those of you who expressed an interest in becoming an MSA accredited marshal, we can send you a copy of the form. Also, if on reading the copy of the FDMC magazine that went into every pack, you decided you might like to join up to become part of one of the busiest clubs in this part of the world, please fill in one of the membership forms and return it to me. We will then take care of the rest.

I have tried attaching the results of both the events here, but I am not certain that the web-site was working correctly. If they don't open correctly, you can always go to www.tempestrally.com and try for them there.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Steve Castle.