Gwyn Jones Memorial Rally

For all things Rally

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Avalarf

BillMex

Gwyn Jones Memorial Rally

Post by BillMex » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Hello all, as I hope you're aware, Mike and Roger had to postpone the Gwyn Jones Memorial Rally (GJMR) 12 Car from its usual December date as a consequence of unavoidable work commitments. The new date is 22 January 2016.

This will be the 5th GJMR so, to keep things fresh, Mike and Roger have moved the start location, but to somewhere we are all very familiar with, the Hen and Chicken pub on the A31 near to Alton. As is now tradition, the event will also be finishing there for a well-earned drink and a sandwich. Roger has put together a circular route of around 100 miles, so as in previous years, the event will need lots of marshals to make it all work.

As always, the GJMR is likely to fill very quickly. Regs can be downloaded from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvGR4 ... cslist_api or from the calendar on the diary page at http://www.12carcapers.co.uk. Please get your entry in early to avoid disappointment.
If you're available to marshal or need any further information Mike and Roger's contact details are in the regs.

Hope to see you there.
Bill Mexson

MattD

Re: Gwyn Jones Memorial Rally

Post by MattD » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Reminder to all..... marshals still needed to assist with the running of this event on the evening of Friday 22nd Jan - 7pm til late :D
There is a full competitor entry, so all volunteers of help needed and appreciated.
SSC Stylus Integrale Turbo16V
MSA Timekeeper Trainee
FDMC Competition Secretary 2012-15
www.ssc-stylus.co.uk

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

Post by Paul Prescott » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Like!
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"

Mike East

Post by Mike East » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Apologies for the reduced communication on the event. Both Roger and myself and been tied up with work and personal commitments the last few months.

Fear not not though. The 2015 running of the GJMR was moved to the 22nd January 2016 and is definitely going ahead. We have a full entry plus reserves and almost enough marshals, but we still need more to make it fun.

We have a route of over 100 miles of Hampshire's finest lanes, assuming they haven't been washed away. Its a cracking route and I think its probably the best so far. I'll post the seeded entry list shortly.

Mike