May's Amazing Maze Scatter - 7 May 2016

For all things Rally

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Avalarf

BillMex

May's Amazing Maze Scatter - 7 May 2016

Postby BillMex » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:37 am

The Regs, entry form and an important annexe to the Regulations are now available on the FDMC public FB page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarnboroughDMC/). Just in case this is the first you've heard of this event (which will run under a Rally Navigational Scatter permit) here's the introduction that appears on the annexe:

1. Introduction.
It’s a long time since FDMC ran a Scatter, however, hear mention of “scatter” at any FDMC event or activity and the name Maurice May will appear in the same sentence. Maurice is remembered as having organised amazing scatters, frequently using roadside features as search points and this is the fundamental rationale behind this simple introductory Scatter in celebration of Maurice’s tremendous contributions to FDMC and Motor Sport in general. The day after the Scatter – 8 May 2017 – is the first anniversary of Maurice’s death so let’s get out there and enjoy ourselves as Maurice would have done!

All docs are also available by email, just email me at billmex@msn.com for the docs or any further information.

Hope to see you on the event.
Bill Mexson

BillMex

Re: May's Amazing Maze Scatter - 7 May 2016

Postby BillMex » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Hello again. Just in case you don't use Facebook you can now download the regs and entry form here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvGR ... VhCMXgxeUU

Please get your entry in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment there's been quite a lot of interest albeit that entry forms seem to be taking a while to arrive!
Bill Mexson

BillMex

Postby BillMex » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Hello again. I've been asked to explain a little more about scatters just in case anyone is thinking about entering but needs to know more before doing so.

I've frequently mentioned scatters in my 12 Car Corner FDMC mag articles. The March article was dedicated to the scatter so I've uploaded it to the FDMC Google Drive for the benefit of anyone who may have missed it. In doing so I've spotted that the last 2 pages didn't make it into the mag so will see if Jess can squeeze them into the next issue. Here's the article:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvGR4 ... sp=sharing

May's Amazing Maze has actually got a mention in every 12 Car Corner article since December. The December article also included a second feature (Not the 12Car Corner) which I think helps to explain how scatters differ from 12 Cars so I've also uploaded that to the Google Drive and you can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvGR4 ... sp=sharing

Any more questions? Please just ask.
Bill Mexson

BillMex

Postby BillMex » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:02 am

Hello all, with 8 days to go the present confirmed entry list for May's Amazing Maze Scatter on 7 May 2016 includes:

Paul Sheehan and Brett Daniels
Allan Brown and Carinna Brown
Sharon Downes and Matt Downes
Simon May and Adrian May

and a provisional entry from Craig Foggo.

While I'm happy to run the event with just 5 entries it would be good to fill the remaining 7 spaces.

Does anyone else intend to enter?
Bill Mexson

MattD

Postby MattD » Tue May 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Was a bit scary in the dark so she said.... Well Done on getting this going Bill.

We need another scatter fix soon, will be better second time round :-)
Bill's Big Mex-up :mrgreen:
SSC Stylus Integrale Turbo16V
MSA Timekeeper Trainee
FDMC Competition Secretary 2012-15
www.ssc-stylus.co.uk

Return to “Rallying”