1b tyres

Area to discuss committee business

Moderators: Steve C, Rich, Paul Prescott

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

Re: 1b tyres

Post by Paul Prescott » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Thor wrote:1a or 1b only for 2010 with 1b finished at 31st of dec 2010.
Yes, that's what my proposal for rule wording says. Mind you, some of the stuff listed under 1A might be regarded as "Budget Ditch-Finders" :|

That's my contribution to the debate on rule wording. I have to say that I'm still against banning 1Bs for Solos, but that debate is done and dusted; it's just the wording we are debating now, yes?
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"

Thor

Post by Thor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Just the wording so its fool proof
Bulldog Cafe
197a North Lane
Aldershot
GU12 4SY
7am-2pm Monday to Friday
8am-2pm Saturday
I look forward to seeing you

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am

Ok Gents here we go. How about:

TYRES

From January 1st 2010, Competitors in Classes Ato E are prohibited from using tyres from MSA List 1b.

Any Competitior wishing to use tyres from current or previous List 1b, will have their car re-classified into Class F, regardless of the age, modifications or standard nature of the car.

From January 1st 2011, the use of tyres from List 1b is banned from all classes.

Competitors are also reminded that all tyres fitted to the car at the start of an event should be in road legal in every respect.

With any luck that should please the people who have been complaning most about the projected changes and will give those that still have a stack of List 1b tyres the opportunity to wear them out. Either that or keep them for Sprinting!!!!

Let me know what you all think and then I will post up the changes on the Autosolo section and wait for the reaction!

Steve.

Carl S
Site Admin

Post by Carl S » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:33 am

Sounds perfect, don't the current regulations stipulate that tyres marked for "competition use only" are also excluded? If so then I suggest we keep that in the regs.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

Thor

Post by Thor » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Carl S wrote:Sounds perfect, don't the current regulations stipulate that tyres marked for "competition use only" are also excluded? If so then I suggest we keep that in the regs.
Thats what I put on page one of this but was told it was superflux or something like that.

As far as 1a vs 1b is concerned I just want the damn thing put to bed as son as possible.But when it is but on the general section of the forum I am sure the complaints will follow and I wont have an extingusher handy to put the flames out
Bulldog Cafe
197a North Lane
Aldershot
GU12 4SY
7am-2pm Monday to Friday
8am-2pm Saturday

Carl S
Site Admin

Post by Carl S » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:16 am

I too am getting a little bored of this now...
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

Thor

Post by Thor » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Steve C wrote:Ok Gents here we go. How about:

TYRES

From January 1st 2010, Competitors in Classes Ato E are prohibited from using tyres from MSA List 1b.

Any Competitior wishing to use tyres from current or previous List 1b, will have their car re-classified into Class F, regardless of the age, modifications or standard nature of the car.

From January 1st 2011, the use of tyres from List 1b is banned from all classes.

Competitors are also reminded that all tyres fitted to the car at the start of an event should be in road legal in every respect.

With any luck that should please the people who have been complaning most about the projected changes and will give those that still have a stack of List 1b tyres the opportunity to wear them out. Either that or keep them for Sprinting!!!!

Let me know what you all think and then I will post up the changes on the Autosolo section and wait for the reaction!

Steve.
Get it in and get it done
Bulldog Cafe
197a North Lane
Aldershot
GU12 4SY
7am-2pm Monday to Friday
8am-2pm Saturday