Posting images to the internet

Forum for the Swain Trophy 2010 also for other pictures and competitions

Moderator: Rich

Rich

Posting images to the internet

Post by Rich » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:38 pm

If you are unsure how to post images onto the interweb, then read on... If anyone else wants to contribute then please feel free.

There are two main sites* that will host the images you want to be visible on the internet (they can't be on your computer, they have to be hosted somewhere), they are photobucket and flickr. They are free and all you have to do is register on the relivant site, you create an account, you create a folder and then you upload your pictures. This can be all done through your web browser, so you don't need to download any software, or pay for anything else.

There are help files associated with the websites linked to above, if you get stuck, or if you want a hand then I am always available to ask any questions.

Don't forget that the closing date to get photos into the competition is coming up soon, so please enter your pictures soon (it would help me loads too!).

If you have hard copies of the pictures you would like to submit then take the negatives along to your local photographic developer and they will be able to put the image onto a disk or a memory stick for you. Then you can post them to the internet on one of the sites above.

*There are many other hosting sites out there, I have just chosen the two most popular.