Demonstration/Taster Autotests

For all Autotest & Solo information

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Paul Prescott

Steve C

Demonstration/Taster Autotests

Post by Steve C » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 am

We have been invited to 2 events later this year to help promote the Club, and motor sport, by running 2 demonstration/Taster Autotests.

The first will be at the Shere Hillclimb on Sunday 7th September. This will be a grass autotest and we need around half a dozen people to help run it and to demonstrate the sport to the public.

The second will be at the Brooklands Museum Autumn Motorsport Day on Sunday 12 October. This event will be on tarmac, and again we will need a similar number of people and cars to demonstrate to the public.

On both events the plan is to offer a Taster event that the public can compete on as well. For this we will need to have people to deal withthe signing on, taking money and looking after the timekeeping. If we have enough volunteers we can work things out so that we can take turns at doing the necessary jobs and also have an opportunity to take some time out to go and look at what is going on.

If you are interested and can lend a hand then please let me know. I can be reached on 07976 388849 or by e-mail at s.castle@virgn.net.

Cheers,

Steve C.

Steve C

Re: Demonstration/Taster Autotests

Post by Steve C » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:58 am

As the result of a meeting last night, I can confirm that we will be running a Taster Autotest at the Shere Hillclimb on Sunday 7th September. Now all we need is a few people to bring their cars along to demonstrate to the public what Autotesting is all about. If you are able to help out, please contact me.

Steve C

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:03 pm

I have had some offers of help with this, but are there any more takers?

If so let me know.

Steve C.

Steve C

Re: Taster Autotest at Brooklands Museum, Sunday 12th October.

Post by Steve C » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:08 pm

We are now booked in for the Brooklands Museum Autumn Motorsport Day on Sunday 12th October, so if there is anyone who would like to come and show off their auto testing skills by demonstrating Autotesting to the public and taking a few of them for a passenger ride, then please let me know.

We are also looking for a few people to come and man the FDMC stand to talk to the public about why we do, and to hopefully sign up a few new members.

If you are free, please let me know on 07976 388849 or by e-mail to s.castle@virgin.net

Cheers,

Steve C.

Ian_T

Post by Ian_T » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 pm

A bit late, but some shots from the day..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/iantreven ... 939107875/