September Solo - Sunday 14 September

For all Autotest & Solo information

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Paul Prescott

BillMex

September Solo - Sunday 14 September

Post by BillMex » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello all, the regs for this year's September Solo will appear on the FDMC website any time now.

We're back at the ever popular Montgomery Lines and the event will again be a round of the BTRDA AutoSolo Championships so please get your entry in early to avoid disappointment.

As always volunteers for official duties will be most welcome, please let me know if you can offer to help on the day.
Bill Mexson

alanw

Re: September Solo - Sunday 14 September

Post by alanw » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:16 am

I found the on-line entry form last night and entered my daughter and myself. The entry form did state that the entry list was full, I assume that isn't the case.

I was also not presented with any option to pay. Is the entry system not quite ready yet or am I missing something?

Horney

Post by Horney » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Entered. 8)
Supercharged MKI MX5 Sprint/Hill Car and Skoda Yeti daily.

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

Post by Paul Prescott » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:57 pm

alanw wrote:I found the on-line entry form last night and entered my daughter and myself. The entry form did state that the entry list was full, I assume that isn't the case.

I was also not presented with any option to pay. Is the entry system not quite ready yet or am I missing something?
Alan, the On-line Payment facility is right below the On-line Entry Form button on the September Solo page of our website. Alternatively, you can print off the regs and entry form from the link at the top of that page, and send in a cheque to the Entries Secretary.
(Not sure why the on-line entry form says "ENTRY LIST FULL"; probably just a macro editing error left over from the last event...)
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"

alanw

Post by alanw » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Paul Prescott wrote:
alanw wrote:I found the on-line entry form last night and entered my daughter and myself. The entry form did state that the entry list was full, I assume that isn't the case.

Alan, the On-line Payment facility is right below the On-line Entry Form button on the September Solo page of our website. Alternatively, you can print off the regs and entry form from the link at the top of that page, and send in a cheque to the Entries Secretary.
(Not sure why the on-line entry form says "ENTRY LIST FULL"; probably just a macro editing error left over from the last event...)
Paul, first time I've used the FDMC on-line entry form. I was expecting to be presented with the PayPal option after completing the entry form, I'm using other entry systems too much! All paid now.

BillMex

Post by BillMex » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11 pm

WOW! Too much too soon...........

An old man like me can't keep up with this as well as holding down a full time job :-(

To confirm the present position -

The entry list is not full but with 12 entries in the first 24 hours it might be very soon.

All links are up and working well, if all on-line instructions are followed as intended everything will work fine.

The entry list is up to date as of NOW but it will no doubt soon change.

All entrants have received a confirming email. Provisional entries will be bumped down to the reserve list once the paid list is full.

I'm tired.

Bill.
Bill Mexson

PeteM

Post by PeteM » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:09 am

Wait till you get to my age! (assuming you live that long) - all looking good - cheque in the post

Pete M

BillMex

Post by BillMex » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Evening all, we're now up to 28 entries. All entries have been acknowledged as either "Confirmed" or "Provisional". If you've not had an email and don't appear on the published entry list (see the link on the September Solo page on the FDMC website) then I have not received your entry. If you've received a "Provisional" entry email please read it carefully and refer back to the regs as places can only be allocated once payment has been received. This may become a problem if (when?) we have a full entry list.

I will be a bit quiet for a while as I have family priorities for the next few days and then David and I are off to Spa to watch Lewis win. I'm unlikely to have anything but mobile phone web access (at best) until we get home late on Bank Holiday Monday so please don't panic if entries are not acknowledged and/or questions answered for the next week or so.

Normal Service will be resumed thereafter!
Bill Mexson

BillMex

Post by BillMex » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Hello all, now back from Spa so starting to catch up again. The event is coming together nicely. There are less than 2 weeks to go before the entry list closes and there are still 15 places available if you plan to enter but please remember that there is normally a last minute rush and once the list is full any late entrants or still provisional entries will be disappointed.
Bill Mexson

avinall

Post by avinall » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:04 pm

I was in two minds about entering (now living in Devon) but saw the entry list and couldn't resist - looks like it'll be a good one!

Now I really need to get my rebuilt power steering rack fitted or it'll be game over before it's starts lol

Come say hi I'll be in the red impreza
Current fleet - Impreza RA and a freshly rebuilt 200sx s14a

BillMex

Post by BillMex » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Hello all. There are now just 6 places left before the current entry list is declared full. Some present entries are still provisional. If this is you please ensure that payment is made before the entry list fills as priority must be given to paid entries.

Entry fees go up by £5 this coming Friday - 5 September - and the list closes for entries next Tuesday - just one week from tonight. There is every possibility that the entry list will be full before the fee increase if not before the list closes. So if you plan to enter please do so quickly to avoid disappointment!

If you are not entering but plan to be there on the day please consider volunteering for an official post. Email me offline if you are likely to be available.

Thanks and hope to see you all on the day.
Bill Mexson

BillMex

Post by BillMex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Well, the entry list is nearly full. However, the FDMC committee have given their blessing to extending the list if needed. So, please enter now before the revised (but not disclosed :-))) maximum entries are reached.

Steve has promised that this last, last, last (?) event at Monty Lines will live up to and possibly exceed the good reputation for great courses.

We do, of course, also need as much help as we can muster on the day so please, please let me know if you're not planning to visit the Goodwood Revival or the Basingstoke Grass Autotest and might be able to help.
Bill Mexson

BillMex

Post by BillMex » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello all, does anyone on here know Chris Atkin? If you do, please ask him to contact me regarding the event. I've emailed him and left a message on his mobile but I'm getting no response.

Thanks.
Bill Mexson

Kraigy

Post by Kraigy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 am

This entry list is insane!!! It will be the most competitive yet I think 8)

avinall

Post by avinall » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:58 am

Hi Bill - could you please confirm whether you received my text message regarding my entry for Sundays autosolo - my phones died so not sure if you received it?!

Many thanks
Current fleet - Impreza RA and a freshly rebuilt 200sx s14a