CSMA Concorde Solo 2015 - 12th April, North Weald

For all Autotest & Solo information

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Paul Prescott

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

CSMA Concorde Solo 2015 - 12th April, North Weald

Post by Paul Prescott » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:00 pm

About 7 FDMC members took part in this event today. Most of us will agree that Mike Biss worked his magic again this year to produce an outstanding event. Even the weather was brilliant, although the North Weald wind didn't give up! Anyway, the results arrived with us shortly after we got home, so here they are for you to inspect:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Vbhe ... sp=sharing
Martin Prescott and David Simpson didn't make it to the start line, due to various medical and mechanical maladies, but there were a few other FDMC members there competing under the banners of other clubs (Shame on them! ;) ).
Hopefully, there will be some more comments added over the next few days, so we can tell a more complete story. I'll add some more, when I can stay awake.
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"

Kraigy

Re: CSMA Concorde Solo 2015 - 12th April, North Weald

Post by Kraigy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 am

It was a fantastic day.

I had power steering issues and noticed i needed fluid so heading out to Halfords at lunch... this did not solve the issue but kind mr prescott, keith and Pete helped rectify the issue. This meant however that i did not get to walk course number 2...! More on that shortly...

On first glance, i dredded the courses as i never feel too comfortable with big fast courses as i feel they dont suit my driving style BUT and yes BIG BUT, they were frikking epic!!

I managed to be competitive with Steve Woodings most the day but I wrong tested on my first run in the 2nd course to which even after asking them twice to radio it in, they could not confirm where i went wrong from the marshall calling it in... :x :x
So surprise surpirse, I went wrong again... That messed up my chances of at least 3rd in class. It was only until my third run and after much turning the air blue (whoops) that they finally told me where I had messed up. So run 3 was a counted time. I did express my 'dismay' at the marshalls as I feel its unfair to call a wrong test if you cannot state where said person has gone wrong... OR even at which marshall point so the driver can be extra cautious on the next run in that area.

Anyway...
Continued the day trying to keep the pace up and when i got home, Keith done the math and 'IF' id not wrong tested, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place would have been separated by under a second!!!!

Never-the-less, i should have gone the right way in the first place haha...

The Star of the day was Keith Pettit in his tiny Healy using the slalom like a 1/4 mile sprint (yes ive seen the videos!). He was untouchable by anyone and on it on each course, incredible to watch.

The silent assasin who took everyone by surprise was Douglas Chin!! His first event and piped Woodings by .3 to take first in class!!! Sterling drive from him in his mates car... cough cough.

Woodings was on form as usual AND one would think he wanted to be competitive as i caught him using my tyre pressure pump... Now anyone who knows steve will confirm, he gets in and drives without caring about anything other than petrol and oil lol. He was certainly entertaining to watch as he made his mk2 dance around the cones MM's away from clipping them driving him to 2nd in class.

3rd in MX5 class (as its often referred to) was 'Fleeceman' Marky Goslow (Harrow CC), who in his ever improving form got quicker throughout the day and took a deserved 3rd.

A massive congrats to the FDMC members who took home the trophies, it was certainly well deserved!!! :D :D :D
and i will be at Oxford on the 26th very keen to get back into that top 3 in class :twisted:

Paul Prescott
Site Admin

Re: CSMA Concorde Solo 2015 - 12th April, North Weald

Post by Paul Prescott » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Here's a view of Test 2 from a 998cc Mini:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Vbhe ... sp=sharing
PFP
14 Auris TS 1.6vvt, 08 Corsa CDTi SXI, 87 Mini Mayfair, several "remains"