Fun in the hilly mounds for only 20 pounds!

Production Car trials information

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Paul Prescott

kartaphilos

Fun in the hilly mounds for only 20 pounds!

Post by kartaphilos » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:59 pm

The annual FDMC Production Car Trial takes place at Hungry Hill in Aldershot on Sunday Nov 15th. For those that know all about car trials, you know what it's all about!! For those that don't...read on!

This event basically involves driving up the hill between a course marked between poles....the further you go, the better your score. The best bit is that for the clubman event the car doesn't need tax or MoT so you if you have an old banger lying around you can find a friend and go for the 'share a shed' award. That said you don't need a shed to compete, a large variety of vehicles usually take part, from a Vauxhall estate to custom trials jobbies (MG midgets seem to do very well and I reckon and old beetle would be superb!). BTW: Keep in mind it's best if you don't mind them taking in some rough roads up steep hills.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of entries from FDMC members. If you have any questions just shout (pm me or contact details in the regs). The regs are up on the FDMC website here - http://farnboroughdmc.org.uk/FDMCcartrial2009regs.pdf.

Cheers,
Matt

James_S

Re: Fun in the hilly mounds for only 20 pounds!

Post by James_S » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 am

We're currently trying to find an old beater on eBay to give this a go. Looks great fun!
We were planning on triple driving it to keep costs down, is this ok?

loggyboy

Post by loggyboy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Not sure how the trial are set up with regards to courses etc.
I know it used to be double as a max on solos, but the way the solos are arranged now I cant see that doubling wouldnt be possible (subject to the car/tyres lasting), solo if the trials are set up using a similar or as an effecient system it may be possible.
byebye sig

kartaphilos

Post by kartaphilos » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:08 pm

Tried 3 in car last year and all 3 couldn't complete all runs. So, I'm happy to run three in a car but at least 1 of the drviers should expect to miss a few runs to ensure all courses are run.

Easy solution is to find another shed and a 4th person!

Matt

James_S

Post by James_S » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 am

That's fine, don't mind missing the odd run. Can only take one car as we only have one trailer and are trying to find a REAL shed of a car that just about runs. Prowling eBay with intent as I speak! Looking forward to making a few cosmetic modifications before the event!

James_S

Post by James_S » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Soon to be in the posession of a 1980 Porsche 924 Le Mans for consideration of a mere £300 :)

Looking forward to it!

kartaphilos

Post by kartaphilos » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Cool!!

If you can raise the suspension a bit that would help with ground clearance!

Matt

kartaphilos

Post by kartaphilos » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:20 pm

All - The event is almost full!! I have around 36 entries at the moment so can only fit about 4 more in (subject to the usual last minute cancellations). If you've found your shed but not yet entered now is the time to do it. PM me or call me on 07876 032 720 if you want to enter.

Cheers,
Matt

kartaphilos

Post by kartaphilos » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 pm

A couple of competitors are in need of a passenger. If anyone is interested in bouncing up and down madly in a passenger seat whilst the car is trying to get up a hill let me know!

Very much in need of marshalls for the day to watch the above action and ensure things run smoothly. Again let me know if you can help out on the day, any help at all will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt