Production Car trials information

Moderators: Rich, Grizzly-Law, Paul Prescott

Steve C

Trial Event for Junior/novice drivers 21 September

Post by Steve C » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Inter Association Tyro Trial
Sunday 21st September 2014
Harbour Hill, Aldermaston, Berkshire, RG7 4PH

How many of you out there have younger family members that are constantly asking " Dad can I have a go at that please?" and become very despondent when they are told they are not old enough.

Well we might now have an answer to that problem for you. On Sunday 21st September, Hants & Berks Land Rover Owners Club are running the Inter Association Tyro Trial at Harbour Hill, Aldermaston. What is a Tyro Trial I hear you all ask? This is an off-road event that is specially designed so that our younger members can compete. If you look upon it as a Car Trial, but in Land Rovers, You will get the picture. Even better, go to this link
and you will be able to check out both video and still images of last years event.

There will be 7 short "sections" laid out over awkward terrain, so all you will have to do is to drive each section with enough skill to avoid touching a "gate". Each team member will be expected to drive each section. The lowest score wins!

There will be 2 classes to compete in, a Junior Class for a team of 3 drivers between 13 and 20 where only one team member may hold a full RTA licence, and a Standard Class for a team of 3 drivers of 13 years and over, with any number of them holding an RTA licence. Entry fee per TEAM is £45. Each team member will be required to hold a current MSA Clubmans Competition Licence (application details for this can be found on the MSA web-site).

Further good news is that H&BLRO Club will be providing the vehicles for teams to use, so the only thing you will need on the day is your own lunch!

So what is your excuse? If you have someone at home who would like to enter as part of an FDMC team, please let Simon Taylor or myself know. You never know, we may even offer to help out with the entry fee!

Down load the regulations and the entry form from the H&BLROC web site. We hope to see you there.

Steve Castle